Thursday, July 16, 2009

Water, Water Everywhere and not a drop to Drink

I thought the hard work was complete with the house and yard finished. About a year a half later we decided we needed a water well for the yard. I also wanted to plant a garden. My husband ha

Water being lifted from a traditional well; Lo...Image via Wikipedia

d a friend with an old contraption that they drilled wells with (forgot what they are called). We used it that spring. My then husband showed me how it worked. You had to run water in it as it was drilling. When you had drilled so far down (I think it was 10 foot ). Next you had to stop the drilling and add more pipe to the drill stem. Well here goes "Miss I can do it". When my then husband was at work I would start the drill and drill most of the day. Adding more pipe was not the easiest thing I ever did but no one should ever tell me I could not do somehing. My then husband would work on this after work and weekends and I worked on it day. It took forever but we finally had a well for watering the yard. Don't ever think the work is finished there is always something to do. What ever it is that needs to be done just remember make up your mind and you can do it. Have a wonderful day.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. Is there anything you haven't done? Drilling a water well! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, what has happened to you? You have not posted in a while. Just making sure you're doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To: Love My 2 Dogs, I am doing fine just kind of hard to know what to write about. Thanks for asking. Will try to do better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for listening. I would love to hear your ideas too!