Thursday, July 9, 2009

Meatless Meatloaf

With the cost of everything going up here is something that is really good and will help the budget.

Glazed Meat LoafImage by Ryner12 via Flickr


You could use leftover pinto beans or canned refried beans.
If you are using pinto beans they should be drained and then mashed up very well.
It depends on how large your family is as to the amount of beans.
Use the same amount as you would meat.
Add an egg, bell pepper, onion,celery, can of tomatos, some crushed crackers for filler, salt and pepper to taste.
Mix well and put in a loaf pan.
Then bake at 350 about 45 minutes.
You can vary this depending on what you prefer in your meat loaf.
Just use pinto beans instead of meat.
Try it, I think you will like it.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. I ran across you blog my accident & I'm so glad I did. I enjoy it so much. I gave youa Sisterhood award. Come read nice things about YOU. :) http://www.homesteadblogger.com/turtlespringsfarm/139157/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Meatless Meatloaf sounds good.. This would be a great recipe for a vegetarian or someone on a budget.. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really good and am going to have to try it. Have you ever had pinto bean pie? Those are really good too. I know it doesn't sound so good but it tastes a lot like pecan pie. Yummy. Love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for listening. I would love to hear your ideas too!