Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Beautiful Texas Morning

I am woman!!!Image by Dra sick Love via Flickr

Good Morning!
Let me tell you some of the things I did when I was young.
When I was 19 years old I thought I could do anything.
My husband's grandparents house needed to be sheet rocked so "miss can do it" under took the job.
Grandfather was blind but I told him if he would help by holding the sheet rock in place while I nailed we could do the whole house.
So off to the lumber yard we went.
Got everything delivered .
Went to work, sheet rock went up, tape and bed was next, then painting.
Finally after about one month the whole house was finished.
I did this while taking care of my own house and a three year old boy.
Although grandmother helped a lot while we were working.
This is just one of the things "miss can do it" under took .
Let me tell you young women you can do anything you put your mind to.
Women are very smart and can handle most jobs of any kind.
Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done.
I will tell you about how to lay brick later.
Have a very nice day
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. You taught me just that. I can do anything that needs doing and I don't have to wait on anyone do it for me. Yes, it is nice if a "man" can do it but does not have the same feeling. I love knowing I can accomplish hard feats on my own. "I am strong, I am woman, Hear me roar"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Can Do It sure does describe you and Lynette as well. Y'all are both such strong, go getter type women.

    I love ghearing your stories! So glad you started sharing them with the bloggy world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed reading all of your stories about the things you do and have done. Thanks for sharing them with us..
    I am trying harder and harder to depend on others less and do more for myself.. The car is my downfall.. seems like something breaks that I know nothing about.. Luckily I have a great brother who can fix anything.
    Have a terrific day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for listening. I would love to hear your ideas too!