Monday, June 29, 2009

Another Beautiful Texas Morning

I want to continue with the more of what I did as a young mother.


In 1956 we bought our first house.
It was a Jim Walters home.
For those who don't know what a Jim Walters home it is a house built then moved to your site and put on a foundation.
The inside was not finished.
The sheet rock had to be taped and bedded and then painted.
Everything else had been done.
This I knew I could do, so I went to work.

The yard was another question.

A grass salt marsh in the Marine Park Salt Mar...Image via Wikipedia


My husband's parents had given the land to us and it was covered with salt grass.
I got me a spade, rake and wheelbarrow and went to work.
I never want to have to dig up salt grass again.
But after lots of hours and days of digging and hauling off salt grass,
I then started spreading grass seed.
Finally I had a good lawn but all of the work was not finished.
"Miss I can do it" had to slow down for a while as I was into my 7th month with my third child so a lot of heavy work had to wait.
Have a great day.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. i never knew you had a jim walter home. i have looked at them many times day dreaming of a home of my own. of course now i have my own lil old house.

    i would hate to have had to do all that yard work. yuck
    and while carrying riley lee could not be easy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Lynette, I knew she had a Jim Walters home. See Marge I pay attention when we visit on the porch!

    Anyway, you are such an amzing woman! Your determination is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for listening. I would love to hear your ideas too!