Monday, June 22, 2009

Just Getting Started

Words of Wisdom (1 of 2)Image by Today is a good day via Flickr

I have no idea what to say.
My daughter tells me I need to do this.
So here it goes.

I try to do what she says to do.
But IT does not always work.
If you have been the boss for as many years as I have been the boss, it is hard to take orders from somebody else.

I live with my daughter.
She tells me I am a world of knowledge.
And she tells me that there are a lot of people who would like to know how to raise children on very very little.
How to feed and clothe them and see that they come out very good.

I have 5 children and I did not kill any of them.
Although it was debatable at times.

I may have some very easy money saving recipes, how to cut corners, make your money stretch further and not kill the kids.

Every morning when the children first wake up the first thing they get is a nice sugar cookie.
And they will be pleased until you have time to make breakfast.

Sugar cookie dough filled up with  crushed lif...Image by _rathernot via Flickr



After breakfast sugar cookies are another good idea to entice them to sit down and play quietly.
This is advice from a grandmother, not a mother.
And NOT the way I raised mine.

So come on and join me. We can share stories and swap ol' wives tales too.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

  1. Mom, I like your start. You do have lots to share. And with a wicked sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your blog, I love your daughter Lynette's blog and consider her a friend. Of course blogging friends are great because we never have to see each other, we just have the fun of someone to comment back and forth with.
    The name of your blog is absolutely wonderful. I love it.. Your background Adorable.
    I am glad you joined in the blogging fun.
    Enjoy!!!
    http://auntrene.blogspot.com
    itsjustmerene2003 at yahoo dot com
    Stop by and visit my blog sometime. I am having a great giveaway for a free childrens CD right now, almost no one has signed up.. One person is all.. I am giving away 2.. hint hint.
    I will be back to visit again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there!! stopping over because lynette told me too and she is too special not to listen to!! welcome to the blogosphere!! pleasedtameetcha, as they say where i come from... annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogger world. I am so loving your site, very cute. I am going to be followin you to see what interesting things you have to add to this crazy world of blogging. Stop over and visit me sometimes. http://lovemy2dogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for listening. I would love to hear your ideas too!